Download: Big K.R.I.T.’s surprise new mixtape



Download: Big K.R.I.T.’s surprise new mixtape, It’s Better This Way

Krit.jpeg

After hinting at new music during the 2015 BET Hip-Hop Awards, Big K.R.I.T. followed through. On Wednesday (Oct. 14), K.R.I.T.dropped his surprise mixtape “It's Better This Way” In support of his upcoming massive tour.
It’s Better This Way spans 14 tracks and features contributions from Ludacris, Warren G, BJ the Chicago Kid, and DeLorean, as well as narration from DJ Drama.After all the money he made off of his last album “Cadillactica” — one of rap’s best of 2014 — Big K.R.I.T. has followed up his last work with a free mixtape, “It’s Better This Way.”
The album starts with an intro skit where K.R.I.T stands between two forks in the road, as he says aloud his thoughts, he is telling listeners how he will take  the path less traveled- something of the poet Robert Frost as he too once stood between a fork in the road.
K.R.I.T. tells his fans he will go in the opposite of his usual work by saying, “I’ma do something different, I’ma go this way.”
The album’s cover art is a reflection of this, depicting K.R.I.T. with a knapsack on a Cane pole over his shoulder, facing a fork in the road. Signs pointing leftward read, “Regular,” “Follower,” “Ordinary” and “Pressure,” whereas the only sign pointing in the opposite direction reads the album’s title: “It’s Better This Way.”
Since the young rapper came into the game he has continually shocks us with originality and creativity,K.R.I.T. has always insisted on producing all of his own work which eventually landed him a deal with Def Jam, he forces himself to step out of his comfort level and work with different artists, instead of just staying in the studio at his house. His recently announced tour is so big there is a good chance it will come to a city near you, I will definitely be in line when the venue opens.
`Written By Dylan Mitchell Journalist at Raw Hip-Hop Headz


No comments :

Post a Comment